Thursday, April 22, 2010

Classic Tune of the Week

In my opinion, Tiesto was really on top of the electronic music world back in 2004. That year he released his album Just Be (which may be one of the best trance/progressive house albums ever), performed at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, and followed that up with the Parade of Athletes album, a mix of songs he played during his Olympic set. Even though Im not a fan of trance music now, his set he performed at the Avalon in Los Angeles in 2004 is still in the top 3 sets I have ever seen. Although Tiesto still sticks mostly to his progressive roots, his sounds are still evolving and keeping up with todays electro scene(his new song with Diplo,"Come On", is ridiculous). I know I've talked some shit about him before, but once again, I have to give him tons of respect.

Here is one of his most well known tracks which never seems to get old.





Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment